Thursday, November 12, 2009

*Family Updates*

It has been a while since I have last blogged. I promise I am working on a few of them! So I figured I would take the time to get our family and friends up to date with all the new happenings.

Kiannah- is 3. She will be 4 in January. She has recently developed a major fear of Swiper. I don't get why or how but I suspect that it has something to do with some older kids I know teasing her about Swiper being in the closet and that he will steal her. What ever it is ... She wants NOTHING to do with Dora movies until they take Swiper out of her movies! She is doing well. She is in Sunbeams at church this year and will repeat it next year. Since her birthday is so early in the year they gave us the option of another year of Nursery or two years of Sunbeams... She HATED Nursery. She has the absolute most awesome Sunbeam teachers and she is happy. She told me the other day that the girls in her class don't like her though! :( She is growing fast and is learning a lot.

Johnathan- is 10. He is attending his last year at Asbell Elementary. He is still participating in the scouts at church. He is a little behind on his badges and we are working on getting caught up. He is doing well in school for the most part. He is struggling a little with Math but the teacher is confident that if he studies a little harder and applies himself more that he can and will be just fine. He is wanting to learn more magic tricks and jokes. He loves watching Sci-fi movies with his dad and is working on developing a Sci-fi comic book.

Imanni- is 11. She will be 12 next month and go into the Young Women group at church. I am excited for her to make more friends at church that are struggling with the same issues she is. She definitely has her own style. Her most recent pictures she has taken of herself is of her wearing "nerd glasses". She loved them so much she would wear them to school. She killed them the other night when she stepped on them. She was sad! :( She is in her first year of Middle school and is doing decently. Her science grade was a little low but again .. She just needs to study! She reads all day long. That is her most favorite thing EVER!!!

Davone- is currently attending school at Northwest Technical Institute in Springdale Arkansas. He is LOVING it! He is learning a lot and doing rather well in his classes. He still rides his motorcycle when he can. He is going to school full time and working part time so he is tired a lot of the time. He is eagerly anticipating Thanksgiving break where he can have a few days to just rest up. He spends time with us as often as possible. We have recently started a family movie night and the whole family loves getting into their pajamas and then dragging all the blankets into the living room while we all watch movies together.

Me (Sherry)- I am still trying to unpack everything after we moved. I have misplaced a few really important things and that has added to my slow efforts around the new place. The new place is actually smaller and has less storage but we needed a new change for many different reasons. I hope to find a small table soon to set up my sewing machine and work on a few quilt tops for friends. I have been exercising more since we have moved closer to the city trail system. I drag Davone with me so I won't be alone on the trails. You can blame that on my mom wanting me to watch Rescue 911 with her when I was little and then also watch a lot of Unsolved Mysteries ( I do miss that show ). I am a little paranoid! ;) I am looking forward to visiting with my Best friend Angel in December when she comes back to this area for Christmas and then Kiannah and I will travel back to Virginia to hang out with her for a few days too.

Overall we are just still trying to adjust to the new place ( if you need our address for your mailing lists just message me and I will get it to you ) and make it through until the school year is over. Please continue to say prayers for Davone and his studies. He is doing well but it is still stressful on him. We have a lot to look forward to during the Holidays and we are excited that 2010 is holding a lot of fun and new adventures for us!!!

1 comment:

Juli said...

I love the new sidebar pictures, and how you call yourself CEO. I call myself queen of the house :) I know about how hard it is one the husband to work and go to school and have a family. We will pray for him. I have been telling Josie all about her classmates in nursery, so she will be excited too! Glad you posted!