Sunday, June 26, 2011

Scout Camp 2011



Johnathan turned 12 in May so he was able to go to scout camp this year. He was super excited to learn that the scout troop was going to go to Eastern Tennessee for 6 days. During the 6 days they would work on some merit badges, have the chance to attempt a high ropes course, hike a portion of the Appalachian trail, Swim in the Great Smoky Mountain streams, and go White Water Rafting. If they ever need a camp mom to volunteer to go... I will be the first in line! He didn't start off too well. Johnathan has a problem with motion sickness, let's just say everyone in his car had fair warning! From what I hear it rained a lot! We are lucky to have someone in our ward that works for the Coleman company. You know the ones who make all the awesome camping supplies. So the boys from our ward were well equipped! The stories I heard include a 10 mile hike on the Appalachian trail to Charlie's bunion, white water rafting and getting hit in the mouth by his own paddle and busting open his lip, getting thrown out of the raft, ATTEMPTING the high ropes course, and having lots of awesome memories. This was his first ever road trip without his family around, his first ever camping trip that lasted for more than one night, and his first ever time white water rafting. I am glad he is home. I am glad he is safe. I am glad he had fun, I just wished he hadn't put all his wet stuff in with all his clean stuff and sealed it all up so it can cook in the heat and mildew. I wish he had used the deodorant that I had sent. I wish he had washed the puke out of the pillow case instead of letting it sit for a week. I wish I could have gone and had a blast too!


Awesome leaders and great friends

Johnathan during the hike on the Appalachian Trail


1 comment:

Angelea said...

Your son looks so happy!!!!! Johnny Boy, I am jealous that you went and had fun without me. Next time, remember to take your Auntie Angel.