Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History is made!



January 20, 2009 is indeed a historic day! 
Where was I the day the first African American was sworn in a President of the United States of America??
I was sitting in my living room with Kiannah and my Visiting Teacher... Linda Connor.
No matter who you voted for you have to have love and respect for this day and all of the people who have sacrificed and fought so that our government can continue the traditions of Democracy! 
I am thankful for the opportunity for the innocent children to finally see and understand that no matter where you came from and no matter who you are that they too can amount to greatness. 
I will never fully understand the joys that my husband's Great-Grandmother feels this day but I am thankful that my children and their children will never have to know the sorrows that she has had to face in her lifetime! 
I did not vote for this President and I will not defend my political views but I will say that I will pray for this President and the other leaders of our nation. 
I am grateful for the chance to experience a historical and beautiful occasion and optimistically look forward to the next four years!!

1 comment:

Charity Brown said...

Very well said! Nice post!