Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nothing is promised!!

A Friend of mine died over the weekend. It was VERY sudden and totally unexpected! We were not close friends. I actually dated him for a short time in High school and was really great friends with his brother during high school and his sister-in-law and I were BFFs growing up . I have a lot of nice memories of the time we spent together. He was a great guy! I am not going to get into what happened and how he died. His family is having an extremely difficult time right now ... understandably so! I can not imagine the grief that they are going through at this time. I am thankful that I know that when this life is over that we can still be together in the Heaven. I wish that his family could know these truths as well and I pray they will someday! I am saddened to know that his life was cut short and that he will never know the joys of having the children that he dreamed of, but I know that he is whole now. I pray that his family will find the comfort and peace that they need! 

5 comments:

MacJ said...

Sherry I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. I understand the hurt that we feel from losing someone close to us. I know nothing anybody says makes us feel better in a time like this. But I know with my nephew dying having the gospel makes it not easier but in a way easier. If that makes sense. Know that we are thinking of you. I know I don't "really" know you but I do. lol We think of you guys often and love you very much! Hopefully I will "really" know you before long!

KathiG said...

Sherry, what's his name? He looks familiar. So sorry about the loss of your friend. My prayers are with you & with his family.

Charity Brown said...

I'm sorry to hear this. He does look familiar.... who is he?

Jessica said...

So sorry!

Joshua and Tara said...

I am so sorry about your friend. May the Lord bless you and and his family as you grieve.