Monday, September 15, 2008

I have become one of them!!!

For the longest time I have thought that only animals belong on a leash! I would always think it was awful to see kids in the store on a leash! I even would try to convince myself that I would never become the type of parent that would put their kid on leash! I even found this button on Facebook and put it on my profile! Since having those thoughts I have had Kiannah! Imanni and Johnathan were never that bad. They generally listened to what I had to say and stayed super close to me when out in public. Kiannah on the other hand .... She will run the opposite way whenever she has the chance!! She has her own mind and her own ideas of what she should be doing! She thinks she is too big to hold hands with anyone other than Aubrey. Aubrey has been gone for a month now but she still thinks that Aubrey will come back on a bus! She thinks that if Aubrey is not around she shouldn't hold any one's hand! She doesn't like to ride in her stroller anymore either!

So I figured my last option was the dreaded leash. I went to Target and got Kiannah the puppy dog leash.

Imanni and Johanthan love it and are constantly asking if they can take Kiannah for a walk! How sad is that? I will try it out on her a little at a time this week and then this weekend we are going to Kansas City with my Brother and his Girlfriend so we will use it there all weekend I am sure. I will let everyone know how it works out for us.

2 comments:

Angelea said...

I think Charity uses a leash on Ryan so you know it must be okay!! After all she is the next Martha Stewart!

Charity Brown said...

Haha... on Angel's comment! I use the Target monkey leash on Ryan. He seriously runs the other way as well, including into the road! I think he WANTS to be hit by a car or something! Anyway, I don't use it to "take Ryan on a walk" just when we're going somewhere I need to maintain control (like the store, large crowds, etc.).