Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

So this year for Thanksgivng we had 16 people in our apartment!! It was Davone and I and our 3 kids, our friends Trevor and MaryAnn and their 2 kids, our friend Angel and her cousin Teresa and her 3 kids, and my Mom and Dad. Needless to say it was a little crowded! It was in the 60s all day so some people were able to eat outside at the picnic table. This was my fourth Year to cook the Turkey! We had a 24.5 lb Turkey and a 10 lb ham. We also had Green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, broccoli and cheese rice, crescent rolls, banana fritters, cake, and of course Pecan pie, and pumpkin pie! I think that everything turned out well!! For lunch while waiting we had noodles with cheese and tomatoes with Italian dressing pured all over it ... Something that Charity and Angel had made for us while we were in Ohio! Once everyone was finishing up eating I sent Davone and Marcus outside with a BB Gun to shoot some mistletoe out of the tree for me to hang up for the Christmas decorations. They brought back quite a bit. I was so happy!! Everyone was gone by 7:30. We were able to get a few pictures of Trevor and his family before they left. Did I mention we had a 24.5 lb Turkey and NO ONE took home leftovers!!! Next year maybe someone else should cook!!

While staying on the Thanksgiving topic for a minute I guess I should do the typical I am thankful list!
I AM THANKFUL FOR....
My Family.... Without them I would be lost. I have truly been blessed by having them in my life!
My Faith..... Although I have not always be devout I do have a strong testimony and love for my church and all that it stands for.
My comforts.... We are not rich nor or we poor.... We have what we need for now and learn to make do... there are people who have less than I do
My Friends..... I don't really have anyone that I hang out with now but back in the day ..... I had tons of fun calling the radio stations and having sleepovers and talking about guys.... I have so many fond memories and I can't wait until my girls can start experiencing that too. My friends meant a lot to me and even though I don't see any of them like I wish I could .... I think of them often and the examples they were to me.
and last but not least....
My Struggles.... I know that the things I have been through have made me who I am today and that what I have faced can help someone else avoid the situations in the future


1 comment:

Charity Brown said...

THEY SHOT MISTLETOE OUT OF THE TREE!!!!!!! WHAT?!!! I've never heard of that! You guys are CRAZY!