Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Important facts about Imanni



Name and Meaning: Imanni is Swahili and Arabic for Faith. Nicole was my best friend's middle name. I had a couple names I was really wanting to name her. I really wanted to name her Bailey but Davone would not have that at all!! He is the one that suggested Imanni to me. It is Actually suppose to be spelled Imani but Davone wanted to add an extra N. So in the end she ended up being Imanni Nicole. Which Imanni is pronounced with an I like igloo and not and E sound like the letter E. I think I have heard everything for her name!

Age:
10 and 354 days

Nicknames: Ok so she will kill me for posting this but when she was younger we called her "Booger Butt". I have no clue why but we did and I still sometimes call her that.....Her first stocking still says "Booger Butt"!!! She is also called ImmyLu. On a little side note her initials are INV so I sometimes call her Envy! She also has the nickname Ashanti....Who knows where that came from!

Favorite Activities: She loves playing with Barbies. I know that a lot of people will think that an 11 year old should not play with Barbies, but hey what is the alternative? If she is happy with Barbies I have no problem with her still playing with them! Just as long as Ken and Barbie are NOT doing "Bad things"! She also loves playing with her friends and decorating her room with Joe Jonas posters!

Favorite Food: Davone's "Red" Chicken, Chicken Tenders, French Fries, and Mac 'n' Cheese.

Least Favorite Food: Green beans will have to be at the top of the list! Then there are beans of ANY type, as well as the "un-salad" vegetables such as squash, zucchini, potatoes, etc.

Favorite Music: Right now it is the Jonas Brothers! ANYTHING by The Jonas Brothers ( she is in love with Joe Jonas )!

Favorite Toys: Barbie anything!! She is hoping that Santa gets her some new Barbie clothes! We will have to see.

Favorite Books: She reads a lot! She is reading a series about American Indians right now! She also like the Diary of a wimpy kid and Calvin and Hobbs comic books.

Favorite Item of Clothing: She has a pair of pants that her Grandma Wanda ( Davone's mom ) gave to her.... I think that is her Favorite right now!

What makes her happy: when she gets to hang out with her best friends ( Gigi and Lyric ). Her Birthday is coming up so she is anxiously awaiting the time that she gets to hang out with them again. She also enjoys drawing little comic stories and playing Barbies.

What makes her sad: She is sad when the kids make fun of her! They make fun of her for being poor and for being "fat"! Kids are so RUDE!! It makes me sad that she has to deal with kids that are mean to her. She wants to fit in and she tries but she is never accepted by the "cool" kids! I hope that someday she will learn that she doesn't have to "fit in" to be cool!



2 comments:

Charity Brown said...

Under her favorite activities you said, "If she is happy with Barbies I have no problem with her still playing with them! Just as long as Ken and Barbie are doing "Bad things"!"... HAHAHAHAHAH! Did you catch it? Just as long as Ken and Barbie ARE doing "Bad things"!

On a different note, that's so sad about the other kids being so mean!

Juli said...

Give me some time, and I will definitely post about my kids too. And btw, I totally agree with not having to fit in to be cool. I definitely was not in the cool crowd in school, but I had good friends, and was kind to everyone. And my mama loved me, so I felt good about myself.