Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Just about Johnathan



Name: Johnathan Allen Northrop When I got pregnant with Johnathan I was single and already had one small child! I had originally wanted to name him Tyler but I then later found out that he had a half brother named Tyler and figured that would be too weird if they ever met! I knew that Johnathan was meant to be a "J" name. The names I had picked out were Johnathan, Joseph, Jared, and Joshua. Johnathan's biological Father's name is Johnathon and his last name is Seaman. I thought that the last name of Seaman was not good for a little boy and that if I gave that last name to him that he would be made fun of! So instead I gave him his biological Father's first name and he took my last name for a while. Then in 2006 he was officially adopted by Davone and then became Johnathan Valentin. His middle name ... Allen! Okay so a very close friend of mine while growing up was named Steven Allen Hicks. We made a promise once that if we were not married by the time we were 25 ( which we thought was so old ) that we would marry each other, and if we were married to other people then I would name my first son after him and he would name his first Daughter after me! Steven was killed when I was in the 9th grade! The murder is still unsolved and not a day goes by that I don't think of Steven and pray that whoever killed him dies a slow painful death! John means the Lord is gracious and Allen is Gaelic meaning precious. So I guess the Lord is gracious for giving me Johnathan who is Precious!!!

Age: 9 ... he will be 10 (ohhhhh double digits ) on May 11 2009

Nicknames: Of course being in the South he is called Bubby, also Johnny boy, he likes to go by John at school.

Favorite Activities: He really likes to use his imagination! He enjoys scouts and learning new things there! He likes to read and play board games, such as Scrabble, Monopoly, and Battleship. He also enjoys playing Video games and shooting Airsoft guns!

Favorite Foods: He loves Spaghetti, Pizza, Biscuits and Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese, and Strawberry milk. He is obsessed with Mustard!

Least Favorite Foods: Chocolate! I know how strange, but yes he HATES chocolate! He also doesn't like Veggies. He will eat corn and beans but anything other than that he refuses.

Favorite Music: I don't know that he has a Favorite but he does listen to the Star Wars music a lot

Favorite Toys: I would have to say a sword that Uncle Kenny and Daddy got for him from the Renaissance festival we went to in September. He also likes his Airsoft gun and his Nerf gun

Favorite Books: He likes the Diary of a wimpy kid and comic book type of stories! Anything really! He likes to read!

Favorite Item of Clothing: I will have to say his Cub scout shirt. He likes to wear it to school and even had his school picture taken with him wearing it! He hates wearing Church clothes!

What makes him happy: Johnathan is happy when Grandma is around! He loves my mom and always wants to be with her! He is still Grandma's baby and always will be!! He is also happy when he gets to play Halo on the Xbox and when he gets to shoot his Airsoft gun with his Dad! He also is happy when he gets to hang out with his best friend Braden.

What makes him sad: He is sad when he can not be with his Grandma and when he can't play video games! He also gets sad when he is forced to do chores and any form of cleaning!


1 comment:

Charity Brown said...

That second to last picture of him is hilarious!! I didn't know he was such a grandma's boy!